Monday, September 30, 2013

A Weekend of Indulgences





I have a really big sweet tooth ...  and it's become somewhat of a problem in my quest to be super healthy. I naturally tend to avoid pancakes and waffles for breakfast and usually opt for the smoothies made of dark leafy greens, but on this particular Saturday I just didn't care. I wanted something sweet and when I have a determination that strong, nothing ever gets in my way. So off to Peels we went, on that cloudy Saturday afternoon. I ordered their pancakes, grits, and fish tacos. I don't recommend the combination, but I normally require some sort of variety and hence the odd selection of mismatched foods. The pancakes were good and the maple syrup frequented my flapjacks and I was all the more happier for it. 

Having grown up in Los Angeles, grits were not part of my breakfast, nor my vocabulary for the matter. So I was pleasantly surprised when to the recommendation of the person sitting next to me, I ordered the jalapeno cheddar grits. It was so perfectly creamy, it made the clouds disappear and made my heart smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment